tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Is there an easy way to replace http-processor threads?
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:22:13 GMT
Hi,

I have following situation. I have a pretty complex application with
many layers most of them fully independent from the http-specifica.
The layers are coupled via interfaces. Now I have the unpleasant
situation that i need some information pretty deep in some use cases
of the application (like current locale) which I only have at the top
(servlet) level.

As far as I see I have two opportunuties:
 1. To alter all interfaces in all layers and add a CallContext
parameter which would contain additional information gathered in the
top level and evaluated on demand
or 2. Have this CallContext object in somewhere in the VM, where I can
access it from everywhere in the application without to actually
change interfaces. The only location for the second case is imho the