tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Munroe" <brian.e.mun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Increase Heapsize
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:28:58 GMT
On 7/19/06, Ibrahim.Siddiqui@uboc.com <Ibrahim.Siddiqui@uboc.com> wrote:
> No
> Vignette
> why? are you in a similar situation?
> if so how did you go about increasing heapsize
> and what appserver are you using

Well, luckily our system isn't heavily loaded, we bumped it to
-Xms1024 -Xmx1024 and everything is working smoothly.  Using Tomcat
5.0.28 + JDK 1.4.2

I am having a timeout problem regarding an import applet talking with
Tomcat (via jk) - but I don't want to go into details cause I will be
hijacking the thread.  Was just wondering if you were using Documentum
and I'd try and pick your brain...

As far as getting some JVM performance metrics, the newer Tomcats have
a JMX proxy servlet that accepts JMX queries, you might be able to
look there for some answers...but I dunno about 4.06.  That is the
latest version Vignette supports?  And I thought Documentum was bad
with the 5.0.x series!

-- brian