tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Munroe" <brian.e.mun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem accessing the webpages using specific hostname
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:53:08 GMT
On 7/10/06, sbandha2@uiuc.edu <sbandha2@uiuc.edu> wrote:

> I am using Suse Linux 9.0 and I might be behind a firewall. I
> will try to see if I can open up this port.

Also if you do a 'netstat -a | grep -i listen' as root, it may show
you what is running on which ports.  If you see anything like:

tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:4700 *:*                     LISTEN

Then it is bound to localhost only, whereas something like

tcp       0      0 *:www                   *:*

Is bound to any interface.  You might try checking that too, but I'm
willing to bet you are being blocked a local OS firewall or something.

-- brian