tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Munroe" <brian.e.mun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat manager URL configuration for 2 tomcat instances, Apache + mod_jk
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:57:19 GMT
I'm still scheming up a way to handle this.

One idea was to try and copy the manager web application from
server/webapps and place it in to the regular webapps directory as
manager-5028/

I don't know if this is any kind of security risk, but I'll worry
about that after I get things working.

Anyway, I also copied all the *.jar from server/lib and placed them in
webapps/manager-5028/lib since I don't necessarily want to put them in
shared/lib or common/lib in case I clobber something.

It doesn't seem to work, I am getting a classNoFound Error stack
trace, anyone got any ideas?

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet
	org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:854)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:721)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
	org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
	org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:300)
	org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:374)
	org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:743)
	org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:675)
	org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:866)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

thanks

-- brian