tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "heinz rübezahl" <heinz.ruebez...@gmx.de>
Subject Install tomcat on a linux (suse) V-Server (Strato)
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 06:32:49 GMT
Hi,
i tried to install a tomcat server on a linux (suse) V-Server of strato. But it doesn't work!
I had sucess at windows but anyway. I would be really thankful if you could give me some hints
/ tutorials / ... .

Environment:
- on the server have been already installed Suse, Apache2, Java 1.5...

I have downloaded th newes tomcat form tomcat.apache.org. I unziped it and i have set the
environment variabels JAVA_HOME ... and CATALINA_HOME.

Then i have triggered the startup.sh it outputs environment variables. It does not give me
any error message but i can not reach the server with the url <ip:8080>

If you could give me some help it would be really nice.

Regards Christian