tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stuart Fox <stu...@netxtra.net>
Subject Some tomcat config questions
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:14:00 GMT

Hi

First post so be kind :)

I've just run a nessus scan against one of our servers running tomcat 4.1.30 standalone on
linux and its highlighed a few problems that I cant find config options for.

First off is weak ssl ciphers, I've currently got

protocol="SSLv3"
ciphers="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5,SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA,SSL_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA"

For eash ssl connector as suggested here http://www.nabble.com/SSL-Server-Supports-Weak-Encryption-Vulnerability-t1843999.html
However, nessus still says it supports weak ciphers. What have I missed?

Second it says I have UserDir enabled (like apache mod_userdir I assume) but again I cant
find a way to disable it

Third if I telnet to port 80 and issue "GET / HTTP/1.0" the "Location" header contain the
local ip address not the public one, It's sat behind a firewall.
I tried the "server=external ip" in each connector but I still get the internal ip address
returned, any way to fix it?

Lastly (I think) the version header is always "Apache-Coyote/1.1", any way to change it to
"Coyote" easily?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Stuart

in error please notify netXtra Ltd. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
This email or any attachments do not constitute an offer. The contents of this e-mail and
any attachments may contain viruses that could damage your own computer systems.  Whilst netXtra
Ltd has taken every precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage
that you may sustain as a result of viruses