tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <alok...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Intermediate write in JSP
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:01:52 GMT
> I had a similar issue in the past that I overcome by having the servlet
> start a separate thread that was producing the report,
> And a jsp page refreshing every 10 seconds or so checking for completion.

That is, of course, the asynchronous application design. Sometimes it is necessary, but it
does bring a question. What is being so slow? Sending the amount of data you're sending is
not slower than it can be. My guess is that DB is taking a rather long time to complete the
query. I would not blame the network, because the Net connection between DB and TC should
be at least as fast as the one between TC and your client.

So, the original poster might wanna take a look at the DB for speeding it up. It might not
be possible, though.

Nix.