tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abh N <>
Subject Intermediate write in JSP
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:27:38 GMT
  I have requirement where in I have to fetch around 30k (size around 8MB) records from DB
and render in xls.
  I am looping through the result set and then using  response.getOutputStream for writing
the data
  The server has a time out of 5min so by the time data gets completely rendered server times
  What it did was - Kept a counter , when I am finishing looping thru 500 records i write
to output stream
  while {
  // write to output stream
  I am able to overcome server time , once the download is complete I am able to see only
last 500 records
  Any suggestion on how to overcome this problem

 Find out what India is talking about on Yahoo! Answers India.
 Send FREE SMS from New Yahoo! Messenger to Mobile: Download NOW!