tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rumpa Giri <gir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: session not maintained struts/tomcat 5.0.25
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:40:51 GMT
It was not tomcat, we found the problem. We have been looking in the wrong place all along.
It was the IIS JK worker.properties file that had a typo.

  In the wroker.properties file the jvmRoute name was wrong for these tomcats 6 to 8. As a
result, the request was never sent to the same server again by iis after the first request,
neither the session was maintained.

  Thanks,
  Rumpa

Rumpa Giri <girirx@yahoo.com> wrote:
  We have a struts application on tomcat 5.0.25 jdk1.4, which does not seem to maintain session,
when the request lands up on a particular tomcat.

We have two struts application, say app1, app2.

tomcat 1 to 4 hosts app1.
tomcat 6 to 8 hosts both app1 and app2.

The problem happens for app1 when the request lands up on tomcat 6 to 8 hosting both the applications.

While going through some of the previous post, I saw that 5.5 has a parameter emptySessionPath="true"
Is there anything similar for 5.0.25?

I saw the sessionid changes between requests when the request lands up on tomcat 6 to 8. Why
its happening for struts application on tomcat only? Our other applications not using struts
works fine. I checked the session is obtained via the method request.getSession(false);

Also if only tomcat 6 is running out of all the tomcats we never face the problem, the moment
we put another tomcat into the mix the session is no longer maintained.

Anybody had similar experience?

Any help will be much appreciated,
Thanks for reading.
Rumpa Giri