tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rumpa Giri <gir...@yahoo.com>
Subject session not maintained struts/tomcat 5.0.25
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:08:51 GMT
We have a struts application on tomcat 5.0.25 jdk1.4, which does not seem to maintain session,
when the request lands up on a particular tomcat.

  We have two struts application, say app1, app2.

  tomcat 1 to 4 hosts app1.
  tomcat 6 to 8 hosts both app1 and app2.

  The problem happens for app1 when the request lands up on tomcat 6 to 8 hosting both the
applications.

  While going through some of the previous post, I saw that 5.5 has a parameter emptySessionPath="true"
Is there anything similar for 5.0.25?

  I saw the sessionid changes between requests when the request lands up on tomcat 6 to 8.
Why its happening for struts application on tomcat only? Our other applications not using
struts works fine. I checked the session is obtained via the method request.getSession(false);

  Also if only tomcat 6 is running out of all the tomcats we never face the problem, the moment
we put another tomcat into the mix the session is no longer maintained.

  Anybody had similar experience?

  Any help will be much appreciated,
  Thanks for reading.
  Rumpa Giri