tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Richards <mjr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Running multiple instances of 5.5x as Win services
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:57:33 GMT
Hi all, I would like to run multiple instances of
Tomcat on a single Windows box for the purposes of
instantiating multiple jvm's (to keep the heap small
and use more of the system's available memory and cpu)
and then balance between them.  I currently have one
instance setup as a service - this was put in at
install time by the 5.5x installer, but I would like
to add an additional service that will run the same
web apps and use the same binaries, while using
alternate configuration files.

Any tips?

Thanks,

-marc