tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Swan <aukcio...@yahoo.com>
Subject Serving CSS files from a certain URL
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 04:20:20 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem I've been struggling with for the last couple of hours.

Basically, I need to configure Tomcat (preferably using web.xml) to server requests for CSS
pages from a certain context path. For example, I want Tomcat to serve the request for /css/styles.css
from /site/css/styles.css.

I have a servlet, which I deploy as a WAR file. I want this servlet to service all .jsp requests,
but have Tomcat service .css files from /site/css/ directory inside the servlet WAR file.
I don't want Tomcat to invoke my servlet when serving CSS files.

I found a similar thread on the Resin forum: http://www.caucho.com/support/resin-interest/0212/0295.html

Is this possible in Tomcat?

Thanks.