tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "j.random.programmer" <javadesig...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Critical bug in RequestDispatcher.include(..) in Tomcat 5.5.16 ?
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 17:32:37 GMT
> I didn't see him mention "forward", you do
> understand what he's saying
> right?

No I don't. Which is why this looks like a fairly
serious bug from
where I am standing. You may want to read the
specification about
what an "include" is and how it differs from
"forward".

The spec. explicity states that "forwards" close the
output stream before
returning but "includes" DO NOT and that the include
method of the
request dispatcher may be called anytime (and as many
times).

You do understand that part of the spec ?