tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frank Murray <fjmurr...@mac.com>
Subject webMathematica\Tomcat
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:14:28 GMT
Hello,

   This is a newbie question.  I am trying to set up a servlet container using Apache Tomcat.
One of the primary steps is setting up the JAVA_HOME environment variable.  Unfortunately,
when I use:

    "setenv JAVA_HOME /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.Framework/Home"

I get the error msg "-bash: setenv: command not found"

I am using the bash shell in a terminal window running under Mac OS X.  I have also used "set"
and
then applied the executable 'Startup.sh' located in the folder Tomcat/bin.  This however produces
another
error msg stating that the JAVA_HOME variable is not defined.

Is there a command within the bash shell, similar to "setenv" that would work?  Any information
is
appreciated.  Thank you.

fjm