tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James McIntosh <ja...@snaphire.com>
Subject Saving server.xml
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 02:49:20 GMT
Hi,

I am having trouble with saving the server.xml file after it has been
modified using the host-mananger and manager webapps.
I have looked through the source code of the 'admin' webapp and found
that it calls:

Registry registry = Registry.getRegistry();
MBeanServer server = Registry.getRegistry().getMBeanServer();
ObjectName sname = new ObjectName("Catalina:type=Server");
String operation = "storeConfig";
server.invoke(sname, operation, null, null);

This works when I run it from within a servlet but I was wondering if
there was a graceful way to do it using a manager / host-manager webapps
JMXProxyServlet etc?

Kind regards
James McIntosh