tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pelenur, Matias" <pele...@amazon.com>
Subject Adding jars to common classloader via system property?
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:27:21 GMT
Hi,
In Tomcat 5.5, is there any way to add JARs to the common classloader via a system property
at startup, instead of having to physically place the JARs under TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib?

Like most everyone else, I need to put the JDBC driver JAR(s) under common/lib for the DBCP
libraries to have access to it. However, I am using a shared installation of Tomcat and so
cannot alter the contents of TOMCAT_HOME.

It seems that in previous versions of Tomcat, there was a system property "org.apache.tomcat.common.classpath"
that could be used to achieve this, but it doesn't seem to be in use anymore in version 5.5.

Thanks,
Matias