tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "bhaskar" <bhas...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject tomcat with http and https ports using jsvc on RHEL - socket listen queue overflowed
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:53:20 GMT
Hi,
I am using JSVC to make tomcat 5.0.18 (using JDK 1.4.2_07) to listen in port
4080 and 443 on RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update
2).

In netstat -s output, i notice:
 391808 times the listen queue of a socket overflowed

Under normal loads, i noticed that overflow count keep growing.

Sometimes during the loads, tomcat gets into frozen state. When jsvc process
got into frozen state, I have taken the proc status of jsvc and posted in
the below thread:
  <http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=457517>
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=457517

When 4080 got into frozen state, I noticed that 443 was still in good state.

Are there any known issues/bugs with tomcat to get into this situation? Any
solution ? tips to debug/solve this problem ?

Please let me know ..

Thanks in advance,
Bhaskar