tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Hall" <dh...@utrs.com>
Subject ClassNotFound - Is WEB-INF/lib in my app's classpath?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:18:38 GMT
Ok, I've deployed my application in Tomcat 5.5 on Solaris using the war
deploy feature in the manager.

The application (lets call it 'foo') shows up in the manager as '/foo', so I
know that it deploys. When I look in catalina.log, I see a ClassNotFound
exception, alerting me that the ClassLoader wasn't able to find my
ControllerServlet class. Here is the error from Catalina.log:

2006-07-24 09:38:46,987 DEBUG
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/foo] -
Sending application start events
2006-07-24 09:38:46,987 DEBUG
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/foo] -
Starting filters
2006-07-24 09:38:47,002 INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/foo] -
Marking servlet controller as unavailable
2006-07-24 09:38:47,002 ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/foo] - Error
  delegate: false
  repositories:
    /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@1c92535
 com.abc.framework.controller.ControlServlet
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.abc.framework.controller.ControlServlet

My ControlServlet class is located in this jar file
webapps/foo/WEB-INF/lib/abc.jar in the package
com.abc.framework.controller;.

Are the jar files in WEB-INF/lib included in my application's classpath by
default? Do I need to make a classpath change somewhere? Is the fact that
WEB-INF/lib not show up in the repositories listing above meaningful?

Why can't Tomcat's classloader find my ControlServlet class?

Thanks,

Darren