tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yeray Santana Borges" <ysant...@doblediezcanarias.com>
Subject Problems reading XML file from Tomcat 5.5, ┬┐Have Tomcat a file cache?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:14:20 GMT
Hi, i have problems when i read a xml file from tomcat. My application read
this file, make something with it, call a servlet that write the file in
tomcat web directory. After, when my application reading the file again, the
server returned the old copy. I must wait a time, reading again the file for
tomcat returned the new.

If i reading the file with long time between requests, the server returned
the new file.

I use dom4j for reading the file:

SAXReader saxReader = new SAXReader();
Document doc = saxReader("http://localhost:8080/xml/file.xml");

The error not become for my application, if i running it in local, and pass
the argument for saxReader like a file, the application running ok:

SAXReader saxReader = new SAXReader();
File f = new File ("c:\\tomcat\\websapp\xml\filexml");
Document doc = saxReader(f);

But if i pass a argument like a url string, the server returned a cache
copy.

How can i disabled this cache in tomcat 5.5.9???

Sorry if my english is not correc