tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Oliver Enders" <oend...@oc-enders.de>
Subject Authentication problem -> request.getRemoteUser() returns null
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 06:01:55 GMT
Hy,

I have the following constelation:

Windows XP
Apache 2.0.58
Tomcat 4.1
Mod_jk 1.2.15

I secured one directory using htpasswd.
Calling the URL, the prompt to enter password and username pops up, and after I entered it
correctly, the authentication ist succesfull. (also the apache log file contains the username).

But I canĀ“t read out teh remote user using JSP / request.getRemoteUser() it returns null.

So the authentication againts apache is ok but, how can I get the infomation into my JSP-Pages
?
How is this information passed to tomcat, which configuration setting a necessary?

Can anybody help me ?

Thanx in advance!

Oliver