tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Lucia" <timlu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cluster manual
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:25:37 GMT
I just used the online docs (marginally) and the comments in server.xml --
no problems at all (well, except for a few bugs which have now been fixed,
and are waiting for 5.5.18)

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean O'Reilly [mailto:sean@secpay.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:17 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: cluster manual

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:13:23 +0200
"MW Janssen" <maarten@bedrijven.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a good and detailed manual (thus not the manual on Tomcat
> website) or any other documentation/info for clustering 2 tomcat
> servers? What I want is 2 servers with tomcat installed to be
> clustered for failover and loadbalancing.
> We are using now tomcat 5.5.7 on a windows platform. Its important
> that the cluster supports session replication since we work with
> objects stored in a http session. Can anyone help me?
>
> Maarten

I used the wrox press "Professional Tomcat 5" + some help from the guys on
here and managed to get clustering and in memory session replication working
on Linux.

--
Sean O'Reilly
Systems Administrator

http://www.secpay.com

s.oreilly@secpay.com

Mobile 07917 463906

DDI 01732 300212

This email contains information which is confidential. It is for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, please note
that any distribution, dissemination, copying or use of this communication
or the information in it is prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please telephone me immediately.