tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitry S. Kravchenko" <d...@vsetech.ru>
Subject swallowOutput woks bad
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:24:07 GMT
Hi!

I have servlet, that logs it's debugging information to System.out

Now I found, that all data from all webapps goes to one log file in
/var/log/.. file. I decide to redirect System.out to separate log file of an
application, but fails.

I have add these lines to server.xml:

<Host name=...>

        <!-- Logger shared by all Contexts related to this virtual host. -->
                directory="logs" prefix="sitename_" suffix=".log"
                timestamp="true" verbosity="4"/>

        <Context ...>

</Host>

Now I have, that very few of messages, which went to System.out recently,
now goes to logfile. The huge amount of messages simple disappears.

What do I do wrong? Where are these messages?

Thanks.