tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Danny Lee <harpsn...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat as a standalone webserver. Why not?
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 14:30:25 GMT
Hi!

Thanks for your answer. I use url-rewrite magic servlet (analog to
apache mod_rewrite), so I have the same "on the fly" rewrite
functionality (the rewrite-rules.xml is checked every minute or somth).

I do all the request/response stuff in Tomcat as long it's relevant
and a part of the system I don't want to move a part of functionality
to Apache, I prefer having "all-in-one" solution (this is why I use
Quartz for scheduled tasks and not some chron-jobs).

And I can't see the connection, why my code have to be perfectly bug
free? I mean, if I do have bugs Apache wont come and save my ass right? :))

Cheers,
Danny