tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem accessing two McKoi databases from Tomcat
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:01:30 GMT
So if I understand ..Your 2 separate jdbc connections are acquiring Data ..
but then once both resultsets are acquired I would suggest you must 
programatically merging the contents
before sending the (presumably HTML) formatted info back via the Response 
stream

Do you have any requirements on how this data should be formatted?
e.g.
Resultset from DB1 followed by Resultset from DB2
-OR-
one line of Data from DB1 interleaved by 1 line from DB2
Anyone else ???
Martin--
This email message and any files transmitted with it contain confidential
information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email message is
addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please notify
the sender immediately by telephone or email and destroy the original
message without making a copy.  Thank you.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "I D B Major" <im5033@compsci.bristol.ac.uk>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: Problem accessing two McKoi databases from Tomcat


> Hi all,
>
> please can someone confirm whether I need to clarify anything in my 
> question or take a different approach since I have had no replies and am 
> anxious to make sure I am doing all I can to seek help in the correct way. 
> Please correct me if my approach is wrong!
>
> many thanks
>
>
> Iain
>
>
> I D B Major wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am a student trying to set up a project using JSP with JSTL custom tags 
>> to provide dynamic pages to allow a web-based ticketing system for 
>> independent cinemas. I am at the early stages of testing that I can use 
>> the technologies. I have installed and configured Tomcat to allow 
>> password protection to the site and I have embedded a McKoi database 
>> which I can access and use to do insert, update and delete queries using 
>> a test JSP page which has customised JSTL tags that are used to run the 
>> SQL query on the database.
>>
>> I am now trying to display data from two separate databases. I can get 
>> each to display separately but not both at once. My issues seem to be 
>> around the details held in web.xml which are as follows;
>>
>>    <context-param>
>>        <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource</param-name>
>>        <param-value>jdbc/mydb</param-value>
>>    </context-param>
>>      <resource-ref>
>>        <description>DB Connection</description>
>>        <res-ref-name>jdbc/mydb</res-ref-name>
>>        <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>>        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>>    </resource-ref>
>>      <context-param>
>>        <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource</param-name>
>>        <param-value>jdbc/curzon</param-value>
>>    </context-param>
>>      <resource-ref>
>>        <description>DB Connection</description>
>>        <res-ref-name>jdbc/curzon</res-ref-name>
>>        <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>>        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>>    </resource-ref>
>>
>> If I change the name of either of the <param-name> then the other will 
>> work and allow database access to that database (ie <Resource> details in 
>> server.xml are correctly recorded) but the one which is altered is not 
>> available so that Tomcat displays an error message to say the table 
>> requested is not found;
>>
>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: select 
>> * from Film
>>
>>  : Table 'APP.Film' was not found.
>>
>> I have googled and googled, read the apache website in all areas I can 
>> think of to look up and have asked my tutor for help. All without 
>> success. I have discovered that the <param-name> given above is a default 
>> so I tried adjusting the names (setting first one and then the other to 
>> javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.dataSource.other or 
>> javax.servlet.jsp.jstl..otherdataSource or other.dataSource) and even 
>> removing the <context-param> altogether but none of these work.
>>
>> Please can someone point me in the right direction for how to find out 
>> what the <param-name> needs to be set to in order to allow two databases 
>> to be accessed at once?
>>
>> many thanks,
>>
>> Iain M
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message