tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX" <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject Tomcat jkmanager
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:27:45 GMT
After reading this article:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/howto/workers.html

I still don't understand what a jkmanager is or does or why it allows
you to do this:

http://localhost/jkmanager

and get some kind of page describing what appears to be load balancing
upon a default installation of Tomcat 5.0.28 with IIS 6.0.

I know that whatever jkmanager is, it is located in a custom
uriworkermap.properties file we use for our website.  The entry looks
like this:

# Mount jkstatus to /jkmanager

# For production servers you will need to

# secure the access to the /jkmanager url

#

/jkmanager=jkstatus
#END

>> Secure access to the /jkmanager url...  ok, but where is it?  Secure
it via IIS or Tomcat?