tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Braae" <andrewbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:18:59 GMT
On at least one version of Oracle (10 IIRC), the default install hijacks
port 8080 for "Oracle XDB". When you say you have installed Oracle on a
different port, perhaps you are referring to the Oracle port for database
traffic, which is normally 1521 - this is a different port which I think is
web management tool).

I had trouble getting Oracle to stop grabbing 8080 and in the end I had to
change tomcat's port. I'm sure you can change Oracle somehow though.