tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Biernatowski Bartosz J" <Bartosz.Biernatow...@rxsol.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat's scalability
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:54:32 GMT
My understanding of Tomcat's instance is having both Tomcat+JVM installed in
separate directories. Both Tomcats running on separate ports.

BJ Biernatowski
Application Developer, e-Business

-----Original Message-----
From: GB Developer [mailto:gb1071nx@globallyboundless.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 2:40 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat's scalability

How do you propose to add a 'separate instance of Tomcat' without 'adding a
separate JVM'?

Or do you/others mean by 'instance of tomcat' = 'a separate physical server
with single instance of JVM/Tomcat' ?

> So far it sounds that the approach of adding separate
> instance of Tomcat and using round robin is better than
> adding a separate JVM.

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information,
and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, including its contents
and attachments, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by a "reply to sender only" message and delete this e-mail immediately and destroy
all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.