tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Biernatowski Bartosz J" <Bartosz.Biernatow...@rxsol.com>
Subject Tomcat's scalability
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:34:49 GMT
Hello,
I was hoping somebody on the list might point me in the right direction...

I am trying to scale up Tomcat based web application currently supporting
~100 users to 350 users.

It seems that I have enough hardware: 2 load balanced servers x 4 CPUs each
with 4 GB of RAM which is underutilized for most of the time even though
application performance slows dramatically at peak times.

I was advised to install multiple JVMs in order to improve Tomcat's
performance. Another option I considered was to install 2 instances
of Tomcat on each server to see whether it would handle increased load.

Would anybody know what kind of performance improvement would multiple
JVM/Tomcat installations provide? Are there any benchmarks available?

Thank you for any help!
BJ

BJ Biernatowski
Application Developer

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information,
and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, including its contents
and attachments, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by a "reply to sender only" message and delete this e-mail immediately and destroy
all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.