tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Solidguy <rayvittal-cl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Session Replication without webapp replication
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:44:20 GMT

I have to loosely integrate another web application with mine so that both
web-apps are require a single authentication. When the client clicks on a
particular link in my application, the client gets transferred to the other
application (and viceversa). The other application is bundled with its own
Tomcat, etc. Easy, you say: just copy over that application's webapp to
mine. But there are complications (support, licensing,etc).
Here's what I want to do:
a. Run the 2 tomcat instances on the same server.
b. Set them up to be clustered
c. However, I do not want the all webapps to be deployed on both tomcat
instances -- just the sessions.

Any thoughts? How would I modify my (and the other) server.xml?

Thanks
--
Solidguy