tomcat-users mailing list archives

From I D B Major <im5...@compsci.bristol.ac.uk>
Subject Re: JDBC jar in WEB-INF/lib?
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:01:00 GMT
wolverine my wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The Tomcat's MySQL DBCP example mentioned that we have to copy the
> JDBC Driver's jar $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib. Do we allowed to copy the
> jar to WEB-INF/lib? And how can we do that?

*Hi,

I'm no expert but the information I have read ( see
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
)

says;

NOTE:* Do not install these jarfiles in your |/WEB-INF/lib|, or
|$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext|, or anywhere else. You will experience problems
if you install them anyplace other than |$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib|.

So I guess that you don't want to copy them to WEB-INF/lib. I'm using a
McKoi database but mine works fine with only one copy of the mckoidb.jar
in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib

cheers,

Iain.