tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: When we restarted tomcat, we are getting the below error while connecting to MySql database
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:38:41 GMT
Take a look at the user accounts in MySQL.  Some things to consider:

1. MySQL authenticates clients based on the host as well as username and
password.  Login to mysql manually and run this:

use mysql ;
select user, host from user where user='root' ;

If the host column has '%' or 'localhost.localdomain', it should work.

2. Using the root account in a webapp is not recommended.

--David