tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Velpi <ve...@industria.be>
Subject Re: log4j warning: Please initialize the log4j system properly
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:09:54 GMT
> Can anyone point me to a direction? I have no clue what is wrong, and all
> the posts I have found all suggest to place the log4j.properties in the
> common/classes dir. I have done this and it is not working.
It seems log4j is working, but the log4j config isn't working properly for some
reason. I think this line is causing some problems for you:
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG, R
Don't see why actually...

> [CATALINA_HOME]/common/classes/log4j.properties:
>
> log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, R
> log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.R.File=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 5.5\logs\tomcat.log
> log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
> log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
> log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
> log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG, R

Maybe you should try putting the appender stuff at the bottom, and the loggger
things on top. Also, you don't need to repeat the R. I would try this config once:

log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, R
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG

log4j.appender.R.File=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\logs\tomcat.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n

--Velpi