tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Adamovic <ad...@blic.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat's scalability
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:03:41 GMT
Biernatowski Bartosz J wrote:
> I am about 90% sure the bottleneck is Tomcat or what's running on top of
> Tomcat. Application uses JDBC queries to MS SQL server
> Chips are Intel Xeon. My monitoring data:
> Memory utilization under 30%, CPU under 10%. Using hardcore performance
> tools and systematic approach.

It means that you have some network or hard disk issue.
Handling of database with the large data.

> The bottom line is that Tomcat/my application combo don't seem to handle
> more than a certain number of users. All I want to do is to up the # of
> users by 3.

By default it is much more than 3 AFAIK.

> So far it sounds that the approach of adding separate instance of Tomcat and
> using round robin is better than adding a separate JVM.

Tomcat will run in seperate JVM.

Your problem is NOT in Tomcat. I would site you have typical DB related
problem.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://www.online-utility.org  http://www.shortopedia.com