tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: multiple, parallel requests
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 08:48:08 GMT
Steffen Späthe ha scritto:
> In my understanding should an other thread been started with the
> service-methode, if the first thread is sill running and a new request
> comes in. If this isn´t correct, please correct me.

Not always. If you are using HTTP 1.1 persistent connections and you are
trying to make a request from within the same browser (it should be the
default if you are using modern browsers and the latest Tomcat if I am
not wrong...), usually the browser will use the same caller TCP port.
Because there is a 1:1 mapping between the TCP port and the service
process (or thread), if the port does not change, the thread/process
will not change too.
Just to be sure, open a new browser (I suggest to try with a totally
different one, e.g. use Firefox and IE) and retry the same experiment.
HTH
Antonio