tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Adamovic <ad...@blic.net>
Subject Re: ajax response from tomcat by including JSP from a servlet - fails silently when HTML is badly formed.
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 10:08:11 GMT
Andrew Braae wrote:
> However if the JSP that produces the HTML content produces anything less
> than perfectly-formed HTML, then the response fails - worse still, it
> fails
> silently, with no output to the tomcat log files.
You can generate malformed HTML from JSP pages and it is OK, so I assume
your problem is in rico or ajax related stuff. I think your problem is
on the client side - client doesn't know to handle imperfectly formed
HTML in ajax response.
I had JSP which had errors and warnings  in HTML validator  :) But no
problem in Tomcat with that :).

Are you sure the problem is in Tomcat?

--
Mladen Adamovic