tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Baramov <stefan_...@bellsouth.net>
Subject APR extensinos for Tocmat 5.5.17 cause a JVM crash on Windows OS
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:34:59 GMT
Hi everyone:

Tomcat 5.5.17 for Windows (distribution apache-tomcat-5.5.17.exe) comes
with a DLL file called tcnative-1.dll. According to the Tomcat
documentation this is a native extension based on the APR and Open SSL
projects. However,  the extension causes the JVM to crashes qutie often.

The application is a image intense web app running on
- Windows 2003 Server + SP1
- JDK 1.5.0_06

I've tried both server and client JVM's and both fails. I've tried to
disable the AJP connector and still the problem was there. The problem
disappears only if I remove the tcnative-1.dll from the system path.

The attachment shows one of the crashes. It obviously points to the
tcnative-1.dll. So can someone shed some light on this extension and
problem it is causing.

Thanks,
Stefan