tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajeev N. Jha" <>
Subject Re: NetBeans 5.0 and Tomcat 5.5.16 ... Please Help
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 05:15:45 GMT
There are just too many things involved here. A better approach would be
to get the pieces working separately.
step by step
1) connect to DB using a stand-alone program
2) connect to some example servlet in tomcat
3) now use tomcat bundled with netbeans
4) Then only attempt to put all the pieces together.

vineesh kumar wrote:
> You can use eclipse with Exadelstudio plugin, which is freely
> available. The newest version is 3.2, I think.
> The problem may be u may not compiled the project correctly and deployed.
> And here u r not specyfying anything like the mechanism u r using, to
> connect 2 the remote server.I assume u r uisng jdbc.
> On 6/1/06, Vijaya <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I downloaded NetBeans 5,0 and tomcat 5.5.16. I want to connect to a
>> remote SQL Server. I am using jtds. I am not successful in using both
>> NB50 and Tomcat 5.5.16 together. NB5.0 comes with bundled tomcat 5.5.9
>> and if I use this, I get a '404 error' while accessing the remote
>> sql*server.
>> Can someone help me on this? Is there a problem with NetBeans 5.0?
>> Is there any other IDE can I use?
>> Lastly, is there a tomcat user group in Bangalore, India?
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>> Vijaya

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: