tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: Webapp reload failing, but restarting tomcat allows webapp to load fine
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:13:24 GMT
On reading more in the release notes
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt), I figured
I'd give the shared/lib idea a try.  I found that just by moving the
BouncyCastle JCE jar into shared/lib and out of the WEB-INF/lib of the
various webapps, all seems to work okay.

On another note, I tried moving log4j's JAR into shared/lib, but it
didn't seem to work.  Even though each webapp has its own
log4j.properties file in the WEB-INF/classes, with each pointing to a
distinct log, when the log4j jar was put in shared/lib, all of the
output from all of the webapps went into the same file.  So it seems to
have some static initializations too that introduce this oddity.

David