tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: Webapp reload failing, but restarting tomcat allows webapp to load fine
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 22:50:34 GMT
Martin,

Thanks for your suggestion, but it's unlikely that web.xml was
misconfigured just because of this TC upgrade (it wouldn't have needed
to change).  Also, when I restart tomcat (rather than just reload via
the manager), the webapp comes up just fine.  It's only on a reload that
things fail, and they didn't even fail under 5.5.12, but do under
5.5.17.  It seems very likely this is related to a TC bug when contexts
are being reloaded with some classpath-related issue remaining.  I know
that such classpath issues can be tricky when the webapp has to be
dropped from the running JVM and then later added back in.

David

Martin Gainty wrote:
> If you check the logs ..more than likely you may be trying to pull a class that is not
on classpath or maybe an aberrant configuration