tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AJ Jonen <ajo...@dimins.com>
Subject tomcat ssl not working
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:11:57 GMT
My tomcat server is not responding when I type in https://localhost:8443.
oddly enough it does work when I type in http://localhost:8443

I'm having a bit of an issue getting Tomcat to work on the secure port
8443.   What happens is I type https://localhost:8443 and the page never
loads.  I get no errors (page cannot be found, page cannot be displayed
etc).  My browser simply looks like it's loading the page, it eventually
says that it's done, but my browser home page is still displayed.

- The unsecure port (port 8090 in my case, because port 8080 was already
in use) works fine.
- I generated my keystore file, presumably correctly (I was prompted to
enter my name, organization, location, etc), and it is in the correct
location (C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\conf).
- Kathy O. looked at my server.xml page and says that everything looks
correct.  Everything looks right to me too.
- I am using Tomcat 5.5 and I am using the correct java version (1.5,
not 1.4).

Any ideas on what might be preventing the page from loading correctly on
the secure port?

Rebecca