tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mladen.t...@jboss.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Logo on Public Server
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:03:41 GMT
Torben Werner wrote:
> I don't know. Maybe they don't want that i link to their Server!? I have
> done something like that a few years before and got a lot of trouble.
> Just wanted to be sure.

Read the official:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#logo

So:
You may NOT use any original artwork from the Apache Software
Foundation, nor make or use modified versions of such artwork, except
under the following conditions:
     * You may use the 'Powered by Apache' graphic on a Web site that is
being served by the Apache HTTP server software.
     * You may use the aforementioned 'Powered by Apache' graphic or the
Apache Software Foundation logo in product description and promotional
material IF and ONLY IF such use can in no way be interpreted as
anything other than an attribution. Using the Apache name and artwork in
a manner that implies endorsement of a product or service is strictly
forbidden.

It applies to all ASF projects.

Regards,
Mladen.