tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Turner" <arm...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with tag library calling
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:20:44 GMT
I have the following lines in my source file:

<%@ taglib prefix="mp" uri="com.mintpixels.web.helper" %>
[snip]
<mp:dynselect values="Selling,Refininancing" name="selling_refinancing"/>

When I run the jsp, I get the following errors:

An error occurred at line: 69 in the jsp file: /free_home_valuation.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error on token "[", delete this token

An error occurred at line: 69 in the jsp file: /free_home_valuation.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error on token ";", delete this token

An error occurred at line: 69 in the jsp file: /free_home_valuation.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error, insert ")" to complete Expression

An error occurred at line: 69 in the jsp file: /free_home_valuation.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error on token ";", delete this token

An error occurred at line: 69 in the jsp file: /free_home_valuation.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error, insert "]" to complete Expression

An error occurred at line: 69 in the jsp file: /free_home_valuation.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error on token ")", delete this token

	org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:409)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:288)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:267)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:255)
	org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:293)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

If I comment the line out (jsp comment <%--) the code runs fine.

Anyone come across anything like this, cos I'm fresh out of ideas? (I have
deleted the work directory, restarted the server, re-copied all the
application code into the webapps directory to ensure that there can't be
any old code lying around).

Alex.