tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Lin" <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat as a standalone webserver. Why not?
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 22:10:00 GMT
I'm gonna say that's quite a bit of myth here. If SSL is important, get a
cheap SSL enabled router. Doing software SSL is waste of CPU power and
impacts the server's stability.  Anyone that has a lot of HTTPS traffic
shouldn't be using software SSL in my bias opinion.  If you are so desparate
that you need software SSL, as remy says, there's APR.  no need to stick
apache httpd infront.

my bias 2 bits on this topic

peter