tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asensio, Rodrigo" <rodrigo.asen...@gilbarco.com>
Subject Webapp Reload
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:47:49 GMT
Hello,
	We have a call center webapp with 100 simultaneous sessions all
time ( 24/7 ). This webapp has several sections that are updated with
new JSPs or Java Classes like 3 times a week.
Each time that we need update the webapp all users loose their sessions.
This is a big problem all time. Our solution was create a mirror server.
Then, each time that we need update server#1, everybody moves to #2. But
this solution I don't like at all.

If I have to update just JSPs there is no problem. But the big issue is
if I have to change class files. They do not take effect until next
tomcat restar or webapp reload.

Is there any way to avoid this ? Like a replace classes in the
classloader ? Or load dinamically new classes ?

Thanks all.

Rodrigo Asensio
Fuel Management Services
Gilbarco Veeder Root