tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew E. Davidson" <a...@prowebsurfer.com>
Subject looking for third party user management package
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:56:31 GMT
Hi

My portal needs a user management solution. We plan on taking advantage of
container based security. Does anyone know of a third party package we can
use to manage user? I have to believe some one has already designed a user
mgmt RDBMS and create a bunch of stock screens for creating users, managing
their passwords, and assigning roles to them

We have two main use cases

1) B2C, consumers come and self register, manage their own passwords, the
system automatically assigns them a set of predefined roles

2) b2b, portal admin creates "partner admin". Partner Admin can create new
users, manage their passwords, and assign roles to individuals

Thanks in advance

Andy