tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Calvin Deiterich" <cedei...@hacc.edu>
Subject Re: stop and start an application
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 10:49:27 GMT
This seems to be similar to a post that got started under another
thread.  I have included the info below.
What I have found so far is that the complete tree does not get
transfered to the Tomcat webapps folder from the .war.
I have to do some testing to see if I can come up with exactly what it
happening.
Calvin

>>> Ingo.Bischofs@toshibatec-tgis.com 5/19/2006 3:36:39 AM >>>
Hi list

As i am a newbie to tomcat this question might be easy to answer for
you:

I have succesfully deployed a .war application with eclipse wtp.
Installing that .war file to tomcat works fine, but...

After stopping the application and starting it again, tomcat comes up
with
errors telling me there is a null pointer exception.
Does anyone have an idea why?

Thanks

Tony,
I have the same problem. Eclipse 3.1 WTP install.
I ended up shutting down tomcat and deleting the .war and the folder,
then saving the new .war file and start the tomcat up again.
I also publish to another tomcat server and still have to do the same
thing.  On both machines I am running tomcat 5.5.17.
Hope someone has a solution as this is a pain.
Calvin