tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Garner Shawn" <shawndgar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [help] blank index.jsp on Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 15:54:17 GMT
I tried a <jsp:forward page="/welcome.jsf"/> and it worked.
I thought the welcome page had to be a .jsp or .html according to the
servlet spec?

I'll try removing the white space before the redirect or forward and
see if that works.

Shawn

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Garner Shawn" <shawndgarner@gmail.com>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:32:05 -0500
Subject: [help] blank index.jsp on Tomcat 5.5.9
I have an index.jsp that redirects to a jsf page.

code:

<%response.sendRedirect("welcome.jsf");%>

I tested it and it works fine on my development computer with JBoss/Tomcat 5.5
I then uploaded it to my web server and now I get a blank page instead
of the redirect.
However I know the webapp was deployed because if I type in
/welcome.jsf the page comes up.

I checked the logs. No errors that I could find.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Shawn