tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ahmed.AlGha...@dgcs.gov.om
Subject Re: Socket Servlet using Tomcat 5.5.17
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 03:38:09 GMT
Hi  mks

Yeah it dose work when i am accessing the Tomcat via the browser but i
don't want to access it via the browser because somebody from different
machine will send me a message via a socket connection and i want that
servlet do the work once the socket connect to the Tomcat

Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-user@schoenhaber.de>
30/05/2006 14:18
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Socket Servlet using Tomcat 5.5.17

Ahmed.AlGhafri@dgcs.gov.om wrote:
> My problem is that my servlet running at Tomcat 5.05.17 and my servlet
is
> the default servlet, now i am trying to call this servlet by a Java
> program that open socket connection... I want Tomcat run this default
> servlet  once that socket connect to Tomcat... Now the connection is
done
> but Tomcat dose not show response

Does it work when you access Tomcat (same URL your Java program uses) via
the
browser?

Regards
  mks