tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: Using Tomcat as a reverse proxy
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 15:57:04 GMT
Thanks Tim,
Thanks Peter,

I have been looking all day, and only found entries for how to use
mod_proxy
to connect to tomcat - rather than the other way around!

Will definitely have a look at these!

Thanks again,

Andrew

PS: Have you ever compared running (mod_proxy|mod_jk)+apache+tomcat
versus
just running tomcat?! We doubled our requests per second by throwing
away
Apache. The HTTP connector in Tomcat 5.0/ 5.5 is actually REALLY usable.

(And besides - I use lighttpd and not Apache) :-)