tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Petrovic" <mspetro...@gmail.com>
Subject Living a Tomcat life with the catalina.policy file: policy file analysis tools
Date Sun, 07 May 2006 16:02:14 GMT
Good day.

This is a newbie question.

Having spent a bit of time manually editing via trial and error my
catalina.policy file just right so my webapp would run leaves me wondering
whether there is a tool that can be responsibly used to show you what  the
policy file should look like if the app is to get its job done.

I spent a lot of time examining the various security violations in
catalina.out, and concluded that while it may not be trivial, it is
conceivable that a tool could automate the production of a farily
fine-grained policy file to show you what the app ideally needs to run.  And
you could edit from there as needed.

Are there such tools?

Thank you.

--